The Constitution was originally designed by the request of a few clients back in 2009. We listened to the needs of these enthusiasts and created a balanced counter weighted bench that uses the rear top tier shelving for balance when using a reloading press. We also added the optional “Side Splashes” to assist in keeping everything on the table. Since its inception, The Constitution is now in thousands of Homes, Gun Shops and Custom Gun Rooms. But don’t let its purpose fool you.... this bench is also used for other purposes and makes a great Top tiered Workbench as well!
Legs, Frames, and Bottom shelves are honed from 2” x 8” Dense Select Southern Yellow Pine. This wood type is highly resistant to wear; therefore, it is suitable for Post & Beam Homes, Flooring, Decks, Patios, Marinas, Boardwalks and other high-traffic applications.
The 1 3/4 " rock-hard edge grain construction of our Wood Welded Butcher Block Top assures you of the maximum durability and the greatest construction strength available. Tops are finished with DURAKRYL 102. This tough, acrylic coating will repel alcohol, bleach, even paint thinner! These tops are hard at work in factories and on shipping and receiving docks around the world. In the material handling business there is no better top than a solid Laminated Wood Welded Maple Butcher Block.
For the money, this is the Best Custom Made in USA Wooden Workbench available anywhere and will give you lifetimes of hard working service that can be passed to generations.
Height: 35” Industry Standard, however you choose your height.
Length: << Per Bench Selection on page>>
Width: << Per Bench Selection on page>>
Weight: << Per Bench Selection on page>>
Capacity: 1,500 Pounds*
Included: Bench Top, Rear Backsplash 1” x ¾” x Bench Width, 4 – Legs w/ adjustable Leg Levelers, Bottom Shelf. Top Tier shelf with optional Pigeon Holes. Also included is Two Pictorial Carvings from our Library and two areas of engraving (See "Custom Engraved Patterns" page under Accessories). Top Shelf and Bench Front. The Top is specified from 24"x 48" and up to 36” x 96”. 1-3/4" Thick!!! Size depends on the Bench size that you choose. Legs are 3.5" x 3.5" and are cut from 2" x 8" stock, cross grained and laminated to prevent future twisting as would likely happen with 4" x 4" cut stock.
The Rear Top Tier Shelving is 21.5" above the work top, so for ex: If your chosen Bench Height is 36", The total Bench top shelves would be 57.5"
A Standard Bench height is 35" tall with Adjustable Leg Levelers. However you can choose your own custom height! Legs can be made to your specified height at no charge. This opportunity is available for taller or shorter clients to create a more comfortable work environment, as well as accommodating for a variety of project styles to enhance your work!
Sixteen Lag Bolts, Eleven Lag/Deck Screws (see assembly).
Average Assembly time is 20 minutes.
Handmade 3 compartment side pocket and 1 - 6 " Ratchet Clamp to assist in assembly (included).
* Capacity with even weight distribution.
- Additional Options
Questions For Us?
Customer Reviews 11 item(s)
- Outstanding Product and Service
One thing for sure and that is Y’all really know how to build a quality workbench. I could not be happier with my Constitution workbench and evident that you and your team put your hearts and soul into every workbench that leaves your shop. I know nothing in this world is perfect, but my Constitution Workbench is darn close. I could tell right away the way you packed the work bench it was going to be special. Heck, you even answer your phone and take the time to talk me through my questions!! I wish you continual success appreciates what you and your team do!
Bob Wilbanks Littleton CO
- I waited so long before I ordered!!!!
Thank you so much for a great piece of fine craftsmanship! The Constitution is the reloading bench that I’ve dreamed of having for so many years and you made it possible. This will be handed down to my son someday and I’m sure to his someday! I’m very proud to own a piece of America and will use it until my hands can no longer produce ammunition.
Thank you again!
- Part of what has made this country great!
- Good morning John,
I just wanted to let you know that I received the work bench and my son and I put it together last night. What an absolutely beautiful piece of workmanship. Everything fit perfectly. From the perfectly cut fits to the way your team marked the drawer alignments so that installation was easy was far beyond the norm. Please thank the craftsmen involved for me. It does my heart good to think that Americans can still make things that are worthy, and will last for generations. It's part of what has made this country great and you and your team should be very, very proud. My great-great grandfather was a carpenter and I have a number of his old hand tools, punches, square nails, hand drills, etc. I also have a fantastic tool chest that he built. Five generations later, Americans are still building pieces of that quality. How very wonderful!
Thank you and your team again John.
- Love it!!!
- John, I finally had time to assemble the reloading bench. It is awesome. It brought tears to my eyes when I had to drill the beautiful maple top to mount my reloading press
- Dear Santa! I mean John !
- Dear Santa I mean John,
I received my bench today, and I couldn't get home fast enough to check it out. Within an hour my son and I had it unpacked and put together. I am so so happy with the way it turned out and more importantly my wife really liked it. (You know what they say happy wife happy life). Anyway I just wanted to say the extra wait was worth it and to thank-you very much. Keep up the good work.
God bless you,
San Antonio, Texas
- True Legacy!
- Truly a legacy to pass on. My Son loves it John. Thank you!
I got my reloading bench and shelving units and I just wanted to let you and your crew know I’m really impressed with the craftsmanship. Yall did a great job.
Pass my thanks on to everyone there.
I have one question. What is the brand name of the stain you use?
I’m doing a little wood work and wanted to match it.
- John, The bench is WONDERFUL. Thanks for a great job and a great product. We couldn’t be happier with the product or your amazing service. I wish you continued success!
Got the workbench assembled over the weekend and wanted to let you know it's gorgeous.
All I can say is WOW. What a pleasant process, friendly service, and of course the final product! I was blown away at the level of craftsmanship. Beautiful, but still with character - you can tell that the bench is handcrafted. I am a competitive pistol shooter, and compete regularly in USPSA. When we moved to Florida, the heat and humidity made reloading in the garage a definite "no!". The search began, and of course the question - "Do I build one myself, or have a bench made?". Let me tell you, if you have average skills but don't have the time, and want the quality of what you order to blow you away - just order your bench from American Workbench! My bench definitely has the stamp of approval from my wife!
I haven't mounted my press yet - but the bench is heavy enough that I won't have to anchor it to the wall, and I'm also very excited about that.
Thanks for making such a quality product - you have one very happy customer right here!
All the best,
- Met All of My Expectations
- Hi John just wanted to tell you how pleased I am with the bench. Top notch!!!!
Write Your Own Review
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
MSRP : $499.95
Buy American Sale : $479.95
MSRP : $289.00
Buy American Sale : $259.00
MSRP : $108.00
Buy American Sale : $105.00
MSRP : $99.00
Buy American Sale : $89.00
- MSRP : $459.00
MSRP : $179.95
Buy American Sale : $159.95
How TO Order
When ordering the Constitution Reloading Bench you have several Standard Option Choices to make:
- Choose your bench Color based on our standard offerings. This is for the Bench Frame, Legs, and Shelf. Please remember that all Bench Tops are Natural Maple Butcher Block with a Satin Finish. We do not stain these tops.
- Choose your Finish: Satin ( a more oiled Look) or Gloss (more Shiny in appearance).
- Choose your Bench Height: This helps personalize your bench to fit your body height rendering a more comfortable working level to enhance hours work time with your projects.
- Choose Bottom Shelf Recess: This feature allows more or less Leg room at your bench. You can choose Standard where the shelf is equal front to back, or the front can be set back in inch increments as far as you wish. For custom recess, please indicate in the Comment section at Check out.
- Engraving: Customizing the Top Shelf engraving adds personality to your bench. You can add a quote and a carving. Carving space varies based on the size of the bench. Typical layout is Name on Bench front, Small Quote on top shelf. Please see Custom Engraving page https://www.americanworkbench.com/custom-engraved-patterns.html for more information or Visit https://store.designandmake.com/modelShop and browse the Model Shop. Once you find the carved image that you like, email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Gold Leaf or Black Lettering: On Darker or Lighter finishes, renderings can be hard to see, or you may wish to embellish your engraving by adding a Hand Painted option at a charge.
- ** Benches are shown with certain Options such as Drawers, Casters, Vises, and Side Compartments. These Options are shown to allow you to see some of the different configurations available to make your bench completely suit your Professional or Hobby needs.
Please note that all orders are Custom made and our current order to ship time is 30 + Business Days depending on order size.
In this world of instant gratification, where most furniture buyers walk into Bob’s Discount Furniture, Ikea or Ashley Furniture and walk out an hour later with something that’s substandard and unsustainably produced overseas by huge multi-national conglomerates, we find ourselves immensely grateful to our customers for their patience in waiting for the real thing. When buying furniture that’s built to last a lifetime, we hope you’ll feel it’s worth the wait.