The Ben Franklin was originally designed to merge our original Jewelers Bench and Fly Tying Bench. Since then it has attracted a multitude of hobbyists. Modelers, Gunsmiths, reloading enthusiasts, Guitar Builders, and Leather Crafters , to name a few. The Pigeon Holes and Side Compartments lend to a strong organizational ethic assisting in orderly project completion.
Legs, Frames, and Bottom shelves are honed from 2” x 8” Dense Select Southern Yellow Pine. This wood type is highly resistant to wear; therefore, it is suitable for Post & Beam Homes, Flooring, Decks, Patios, Marinas, Boardwalks and other high-traffic applications.
The 1 3/4 " rock-hard edge grain construction of our Wood Welded Butcher Block Top assures you of the maximum durability and the greatest construction strength available. Tops are finished with DURAKRYL 102. This tough, acrylic coating will repel alcohol, bleach, even paint thinner! These tops are hard at work in factories and on shipping and receiving docks around the world. In the material handling business there is no better top than a solid Laminated Wood Welded Maple Butcher Block. For the money, this is the Best Custom Made in USA Wooden Workbench available anywhere and will give you lifetimes of hard working service that can be passed to generations.
Height: 35” Industry Standard, however you choose your height.
Length: << Per Bench Selection on page>>
Width: << Per Bench Selection on page>>
Weight: << Per Bench Selection on page>>
Capacity: 1,500 Pounds*
Included: Maple Butcher Block Work Top, Rear Backsplash 1” x ¾” x Bench Width, 4 – Legs w/ adjustable Leg Levelers, Bottom Shelf. Top Tier shelf with Pigeon Holes, and Side Compartments. Also included is Two Pictorial Carvings from our Library and two areas of engraving. Top Shelf and Bench Front.
The Work Top is specified from 24"x 48" and up to 36” x 96”. 1-3/4" Thick!!! Size depends on the Bench size that you choose.
The Rear Top Tier Shelving is 13" above the work top, so for ex: If your chosen Bench Height is 36", The total Bench top shelves would be 49"
Legs are 3.5" x 3.5" and are cut from 2" x 8" stock, cross grained and laminated to
prevent future twisting as would likely happen with 4" x 4" cut stock.
A Standard Bench height is 35" tall with Adjustable Leg Levelers.
However you can choose your own custom height! Legs can be made to your specified height at no charge.
This opportunity is available for taller or shorter clients to create a more comfortable
work environment, as well as accommodating for a variety of project styles to
enhance your work!
Sixteen Lag Bolts, Eleven Lag/Deck Screws (see assembly).
Average Assembly time is 20 minutes.
Handmade 3 compartment side pocket and 1 - 6 " Ratchet Clamp to assist in
* Capacity with even weight distribution.
- Additional Options
Questions For Us?
Customer Reviews 5 item(s)
- Quality craftsmanship at its best!
- I ordered a Ben Franklin workbench as a gift for my husband. John made the ordering process an easy one and was quick to answer any questions I had. The customized bench arrived in perfect condition, well-labeled, and ready for assembly. The instructions were easy to follow with photos included. This workbench is gorgeous! The workmanship is outstanding. It is truly a custom legacy piece for our home. The entire process has been a pleasure.
- Best piece of furniture i ever purchased.
- I have always wanted a reloading bench and the Constitution I ordered is exactly what I had imagined it would be. This reloading bench will be an heirloom I can pass down to my son with pride. The bench is constructed as I would have had I the time. The rest of the world could take time to write instructions for assembly of items from AWB. Everything fit perfectly and only took 45 minutes to assemble.
I have a gunsmith bench that I have been using for many years and am looking to replace it with a newer one. If I do it will be made by AWB as I know it will be exactly what I want.
Thanks for all the great work and help getting my bench delivered even though the freight company lost it.
- Amazing quality. AWB took our input on engravings and designed them perfectly. We could not be happier with our his/hers Ben Franklin benches. The stools are superior quality also!
- Above and Beyond
- The bench arrived today in perfect condition and all checked out. Leave it to me and my son moving it upstairs to put a small mar and chip in one of the side boxes when moving the bench top up the stairs. I can touch it up myself. Tomorrow I can begin to set it up. You went above and beyond and I am truly happy with the outcome and wish to thank you and your team for their great work.
Best of luck in all your endeavors. I foresee future business from me within the year. I’ve got 3 friends who are interested in your work based on what little they’ve seen of the bench I purchased from you. You may see their business within the year as well. I’ll keep you informed.
Thank you once again and enjoy!
- Outstanding product, customer service, design & delivery. The best of the best.
- The finest piece of "furniture" in my home. My Ben Franklin bench arrived in perfect condition - the packing job and care was unbelievable. Assembly can be frustrating with some products - not this bench! Every part is marked with removable stickers to show EXACTLY where and how to assemble. The design and craftsmanship are remarkable and the ability to add features make my bench one of a kind. My bench proudly displays my name in gold lettering on the front with the phrase "Made in the USA".
Write Your Own Review
You may also be interested in the following product(s)
MSRP : $179.95
Buy American Sale : $159.95
MSRP : $499.95
Buy American Sale : $479.95
MSRP : $289.00
Buy American Sale : $259.00
MSRP : $108.00
Buy American Sale : $105.00
- MSRP : $15.00
- MSRP : $459.00
How TO Order
When ordering the Ben Franklin you have several Standard Option Choices to make:
- Choose your bench Color based on our standard offerings. This is for the Bench Frame, Legs, and Shelf. Please remember that all Bench Tops are Natural Maple Butcher Block with a Satin Finish. We do not stain these tops.
- Choose your Finish: Satin ( a more oiled Look) or Gloss (more Shiny in appearance).
- Choose your Bench Height: This helps personalize your bench to fit your body height rendering a more comfortable working level to enhance hours work time with your projects.
- Choose Bottom Shelf Recess: This feature allows more or less Leg room at your bench. You can choose Standard where the shelf is equal front to back, or the front can be set back in inch increments as far as you wish. For custom recess, please indicate in the Comment section at Check out.
- Engraving: Customizing the Top Shelf engraving adds personality to your bench. You can add a quote and a carving. Carving space varies based on the size of the bench. Typical layout is Name on Bench front, Small Quote on top shelf. Please see Custom Engraving page https://www.americanworkbench.com/custom-engraved-patterns.html for more information or Visit https://store.designandmake.com/modelShop and browse the Model Shop. Once you find the carved image that you like, email it to us at email@example.com.
- Gold Leaf or Black Lettering: On Darker or Lighter finishes, renderings can be hard to see, or you may wish to embellish your engraving by adding a Hand Painted option at a charge.
- ** Benches are shown with certain Options such as Drawers, Casters, and Vises . These Options are shown to allow you to see some of the different configurations available to make your bench completely suit your Professional or Hobby needs.
Please note that all orders are Custom made and our current order to ship time is 30 - 40 Business Days depending on order size.
In this world of instant gratification, where most furniture buyers walk into Bob’s Discount Furniture, Ikea or Ashley Furniture and walk out an hour later with something that’s substandard and unsustainably produced overseas by huge multi-national conglomerates, we find ourselves immensely grateful to our customers for their patience in waiting for the real thing. When buying furniture that’s built to last a lifetime, we hope you’ll feel it’s worth the wait.